My photo
Hi! I’m so thrilled you are here! Let’s be friends. I live for friendship and adventure! I'm Riley and I'd love to hear from you. I think this is where I’m supposed to be witty and cute about trendy things, but I have no experience with coffee, wine is gross, and I have no dogs. I know, what’s wrong with me? I’m seriously just showing up with my best yes offering my story as my worship and creating space for others to do the same. I'll try not to use too many exclamation points!!! ..but I'll start keeping that promise a little later. I believe we can live our days fully awake, full of truth, and full of beauty. I believe our stories are filled with the voice and presence of our creator and as we explore them we meet him in a brand new way. Join me on the bravest adventure into truth and uncover the mystery for your life.

THANK YOU!



Our pastor frequently says, "Lord, we are amazed at your goodness" and that is exactly how I feel. Truly, I have been overwhelmed by the way people have come to our rescue. 





I wish it were possible to show the people who have helped us just how much we care about them and to thank them for the incredible impact they've had on our lives.  It isn't just about getting lights in the ceiling, having the house washed, or having a fridge full of Dr. Pepper.  It goes beyond that.  Over the years we have given to many people. Joshua, especially, has been able to use his gifts and talents to serve others well.  I've noticed that the truth is, at least most of the time, the people you are serving aren't the ones turning and giving back to you.  Honestly, sometimes they don't even stay in your life at all.  You do wonder if it was all worth it.  You give and they don't seem to care.  Life goes on.





As so many people have selflessly stepped up to help us meet our needs during this difficult time of transition, I've really spent time thinking about how to show them what a difference they've made in our hearts.  I know we chose this renovation.  I know that it is our responsibility to complete it and you may be thinking we signed up for too much and we shouldn't expect friends to come do so much. I hope you aren't thinking that at all, but it may be partly true.  We certainly weren't expecting Joshua's injury in the middle of it all.  Needless to say, we needed help and we did not go without.  




The conclusion I've found is that it isn't really possible to thank the people serving enough, but I want them to know..I want you to know, that we will thank you by continuing to give to others.  I hope that we are able to actually help the ones who gave so much to us. I certainly do not want to be one to walk away from important relationships, but as life goes, it likely will not be a returned favor, but more of a pay it forward.  



We've given in the past and we've received.  I know we received way more than we deserve.  




THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!








Thank you for every meal. My granny fed us 3 meals the week we moved!  My boss brought us a meal and the big car for our 2 year old to ride around in while in his cast. Our neighbor brought life changing lasagna after I visited her pharmacy 3 times in one week (and laid my head on her counter).  Thank you for every light installed, for plumbing, and for crawling under the house. 










Thank you for fixing tools, providing tools, for endless swings of the mallet, for measuring and cutting and correcting, for caulking, for painting white white white, for pulling up trees, and bush hogging.  Thank you for filling boxes and moving boxes.  My neighbor jumped over, with only an hour to spare, to help us move! Wow, she amazed me. Oh my goodness, thank you for peppermint oil and chocolates! Thank you for the ones who kept my kids over and over and over. Thank you for back door friends who filled need after need and for blazing a trail to our house...I know it will be well worn by summer.  I am crying in gratitude. Don't think we haven't noticed. Thank you isn't enough, but we love each of you and deeply are changed because of your goodness. Truly.  







I did want to share our most precious moment where Light was invited in. You know, we've worked day and night for 8 weeks to transform this house into something new and beautiful, but it is most important to allow the Holy Spirit to change the atmosphere and cover the home with the Word of God and so we did that..literally.  We invited friends over to be a part of the celebration.  Each little friend, in their sweetest small voice, prayed over each of the boys' rooms with words of hope for the future and we are most excited to be here now.  Their rooms are grounded in truth and we anticipate the future. 
 



Comments

Popular Posts